You can now run 64bit WineHQ Wine 1.9.7 on your Mac OSX system with Wineskin WS9Wine keep in mind this is kinda sorta beta but fun none the less…
I just repackaged for Wineskin, the 64bit engines taken from here…
I made a test installing 7-zip x86 and 7-zip x64 and it install them automatically in their appropriate folders as happens in windows x64 O.S.:
Well, seeing the launch screen of FO4 is definitely some progress. 🙂
The original post is at the PortingTeam forum.
Recently there were multiple requests to provide experimental OS X 64 bit packages. I decided to give it a try and updated our build system and cross compiling tool-chain during the last days. Luckily the whole idea turned out to be less difficult than I thought, and I can now present you the first 64-bit Wine packages for testing. It would be great to have some testers to find out if I made a mistake during the packaging and to evaluate how good the OS X 64 bit support already works, despite the GS segment / TEB problem.
You can find the test packages at https://repos.wine-staging.com/macosx/beta/. I didn’t use the WineHQ url because those packages are really in a very early stage, so I would like to have some more testers first before we push it to the users. The pkg installer will now provide you with an option to enable 64 bit support. The files of the 32-bit and 64-bit build are merged during the installation depending on your choice. Please test both options to ensure that a pure 32-bit build also still works as expected.
The wine devel package is a pure 1.9.7 build without any additional patches applied, while the staging package contains a small hack to work around at least some of the GS segment issues (it fixed 64 bit VLC and TS3 for me). If you stumble upon any differences between both packages (besides the staged bugs), feel free to tell them to me. This way I can find out how much the hack breaks ;-). Anyway, I am looking forward to your feedback.
I am delighted to announce that CodeWeavers has just released CrossOver 15.1.0 for both Mac OSX and Linux. CrossOver 15.1.0 has important bug fixes for both Mac and Linux users.
Mac customers with active support entitlements will be upgraded to CrossOver 15.1.0 the next time they launch CrossOver Mac. Linux users can download the latest version from https://www.codeweavers.com/.
Change Log For CrossOver Mac and Linux :
15.1.0 CrossOver – March 31, 2016
- Mac OS X:
- Improved some confusing behavior in CrossOver’s Software Installer.
- Fixed a bug where CrossOver’s Software Installer would hang while looking for compatible bottles.
- Improved our resilience to custom Python installations. We now refrain from loading custom Python module installed in system directories, which prevents crashes when incompatible modules are present.
- Improved security for Sparkle updates.
- General Improvements
- Fixed a problem initializing some fonts with dwrite, which could cause Steam to fail.
- Fixed a bug in setting CrossOver’s anti-virus scanner from a configuration file.
- Application Support:
- Fixed a bug which caused Heroes of the Storm to freeze.
- Fixed a bug which prevented login to World of Warcraft.
- Fixed some graphical problems in Alekhine’s Gun on Intel graphics hardware.
- Fixed a bug which caused Microsoft Excel to hang when accepting non-English input via an Input Method Editor.
The newest CodeWeavers coupon promo code is ( CXNOW ) save 30% off CrossOver Mac or Linux today!