Today we released Gedit 3.20.4 for Mac OS X Gedit has been fully ported to GTK 3 and will run on OSX 10.11 or higher. You can find it listed in the Puty for Mac category.
Linux fans will already be familiar with the world of GNOME but gedit has brought it to a wider audience by providing the default GNOME editor on Mac OSX.
gedit provides a simple interface from which you have access to a full text editor with programming functions and is compatible with most languages. gedit incorporates text search and replace, spell checking, printing and support for opening almost any file.
The range of languages supported by Gnome include C, C++, Java, HTML, XML, Python and Perl. You can Undo and Redo actions, edit files remotely and all the other standard functions you’d expect from an editor including go to a specific line, text wrapping and backing-up of files.
Wine Reviews online store is here.
Q4Wine is a Qt GUI for Wine. It will help you manage wine prefixes and installed applications. It currently supported on Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X platforms.
Q4Wine was initially written by Alexey S. Malakhov aka John Brezerk. General idea comes from WineTools scripts which were initially written by Frank Hendriksen.
General features are:
- Can export Qt color theme into wine colors settings;
- Can easy work with different wine versions at same time;
- Easy creating, deleting and managing prefixes (WINEPREFIX);
- Easy controlling for wine process;
- Autostart icons support;
- Easy cd-image use;
- You can extract icons from PE files (.exe .dll);
- Easy backup and restore for managed prefixes;
- Winetriks support;
- And more: Explore it!;
Changelog for 1.3.2:
- [regression, bisected] Icon information is not displayed correctly BUG-80;
- Winetricks does not update BUG-77;
- First startup wizard (quick mount profile): profile strings are initially empty if fuseiso is not installed BUG-81;
- Download (latest) Winetricks from GitHub BUG-82;
- Correct proxy-related environment variables in Winetricks plugin BUG-83;
- Use env command in the command line to download Winetricks BUG-83;
- Support proxy username/password in Winetricks plugin BUG-83;
- Treat aarch64 as 64 bit platform and put libraries in lib64 directory BUG-85;
You can now purchase CodeWeavers CrossOver Mac and Linux as well Mariner Software products in Wine Reviews online store.
I am delighted to announce that CodeWeavers has just released CrossOver 15.3.0 for both Mac OSX and Linux. CrossOver 15.3.0 has important bug fixes for both Mac and Linux users.
Mac customers with active support entitlements will be upgraded to CrossOver 15.3.0 the next time they launch CrossOver Mac. Linux users can download the latest version from https://www.codeweavers.com/.
Change Log For CrossOver Mac and Linux :
15.3.0 CrossOver – September 20, 2016
- CrossOver should no longer complain about a missing libpng package on Debian 9.
- CrossOver will no longer have problems with its Perl dependency on Debian 9.
- Bug Fixes:
- Steam crashes when loading certain fonts have been fixed.
- Fixed some crashes in GOG Galaxy.
- Fixed a crash in the Microsoft Office 2007 diagnostic tools.
For a limited time get CodeWeavers CrossOver Mac or Linux for 1 year for only $19.95 when you make your purchase in the new Wine Reviews store.